Enumivo Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cryptohillside

B-ex.io is a complete scam exchange. DO NOT USE OR DEPOSIT ANY FUNDS THERE

I don't mean that it's a legitimate exchange plagued with issues like Poloniex, Cryptopia, etc. The exchange was designed to be a complete and total scam from the get-go, and is exact copy of a legitimate exchange called aex.com. First of all, if you deposited a large amount of ENU to b-ex.io, consider it gone. I'm sorry you have to find out this way, but you won't be getting it back under any circumstances. If you deposited a small amount, there is a chance they will return it to you. They run a selective scam, so they attempt to keep it going by only scamming and stealing medium to large-sized deposits.

You can read threads on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/99595v/the_bexio_exchange_continues_to_selectively_scam/

Recent victims have been 8thContinentBit, Upfiring, AnoncoinProject, and Olxacoin (still listed but all orders removed from market):

https://twitter.com/8thContinentBit/status/1027479585443733504

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinProject/status/1028003599220137984

Olxacoin, their newest listing on the ETH market, is just finding this out now and has mostly prevented users from depositing there. I've been dealing with them for awhile now and have seen them scam project after project so I know how they operate.

If you have a decent amount of money on there and try to withdraw it, they will either do one of the following:

1. Send your withdrawal to an incorrect address that they actually control and claim you entered the address wrong

2. Simply not process the withdrawal at all or respond to you, while removing the funds from your account and all history of it ever being there (it does not appear on the "Deposits and Withdrawals" page

3. Many other tactics, depending on your individual situation, to keep this scam running

Also, all volume and orders are fake on the BTC markets and nothing will happen if you try to fill them. They are just there to get users to deposit coins for trading. If you've deposited funds there, good luck to you. I don't know if ENU has an external wallet or any other exchange you can attempt to withdraw to, but it probably doesn't matter anyway at this point if your funds are already in b-ex.io's pocket. All withdrawals are "manual", so even if you withdraw right now, they will still get to make a determination on whether they want to keep your funds or not. Good luck and I hope I was able to prevent people from depositing in time. 

• Like 2

This is their reply:

Hello,
Are you talking about UFR? This person tried to deceive us and let us pay double the withdrawal. After we were exposed, he posted to us everywhere, and always wanted to marry us. If we didn't follow his advice, he would send the same words to you for each project.
Even so, we will not bow to the fraudsters, we will never pay him double the withdrawal. After 1 hour, we will open the ENU withdrawal function, if you suspect, you can withdraw the ENU.

Sincerely
---
B-EX.io Exchange

They will say whatever they can to try to make users they've scammed look like the bad guys. If you want some insight, read this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4868868.0

In the above thread, B-ex.io purposely transferred $30,000 worth of a user's funds to an incorrect withdrawal address in order to prevent the user from getting it back, then blamed the user and said "you are a fraudster, we just processed the withdrawal as it was given to us". Then when the user made a scene about it and tried to withdraw the rest of their UFR balance, they continued to make ridiculous requests like "The user must apologize in order to get their remaining funds back". In the end, that user never got any of their funds back, along with every other user from all other projects they've ever listed (you can ask 8thcontinentbit, Upfiring, and AnoncoinProject - see their tweets in my first post here). Definitely read over that bitcointalk thread before even putting any funds on their exchange, it's worth it. 

I highly recommend trying to withdraw ALL funds from their exchange. Regardless of what they will tell you over email etc, you almost definitely won't be able to withdraw your funds if you deposited medium to large amounts. They 100% intend on keeping them. If you have funds there, just try withdrawing to test it out. You can always redeposit in the future (obviously I do not recommend this if they actually do return your funds). 

Edited by Cryptohillside

Also, feel free to ask them via email why they decided to keep 140,000+ UFR ($14,000 USD worth) from one of their users right in their main exchange address (https://etherscan.io/address/0xd98c6b6804bd6296a4c4a83290ab117de30481a4), and refuse to give it back to the user. They stopped answering in the bitcointalk thread when pressed about this.

Edited by Cryptohillside

A community member now is having problems with them with withdrawals. I emailed them and they have not replied after waiting for 4 days.

I'm now coordinating with the block producers for help to have their account frozen.