Enumivo Community
PeiLin

How to create a 100% secure enu wallet?

I think many people are afraid that their enu wallets will be stolen. So is there any way to prevent your enu wallets from being stolen 100% of the time? The answer is: yes it is. Please let me introduce to you.

First of all, we need to understand the concept of the enu account. An enu account can bind many enu key pairs,and key pairs are divided into public key and private key. The private key divided into active key and owner key according to different permissions. In short, active key have permission to transfer enu, stake/unstake enu, buy/sell ram and other permission rights by our daily use. And in addition to all the permissions of active key, the owner key has an extra permission to remove any key pair from the account. So, with this in mind, we can find a way to keep our enu wallets secure forever.

1.First, we can use an old laptop, download the latest enugui, log in the previous enu account, then shut down the network, and generate a key pair as shown below.

f1.thumb.JPG.71ba1fcb49ac7040661fe2207d00fcd3.JPG

Then, we save the key pair in the laptop and never open its network again.

2.After that, we can get another key pair in the same way, but this key pair can be generated on a networked computer.And finally saved on the computer.

3.Create a new account as shown below, and note that the public key generated in step 1 is pasted at the owner public key.The generated public key in step 2 is pasted at the active public key 

y1.thumb.JPG.5d2f5621a9e093ab78088cfe1af895cb.JPG

4.Finally, log in to the new account using the private key generated in step 2 and stake all enu of the new account.In this way, even if your account's private key is stolen, the theif cannot immediately take away your enu, they can only unstake those enu. In this way, you can have 3 days to aware that your enu is unstaking. Once you aware it, you can immediately re-stake. And then remove the previous acitve key and create a new active key to manage your account. Because the laptop that keeps your owner private key has never been connected to the Internet since the key generated, even the best hackers can't steal it. So your account's funds will be permanently secure.

you can buy account: wangwangwang a beer or some beers if you like the post, thanks a lot. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by PeiLin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good job and well explained. There are a lot of people that don't understand the benefit of staking and why it's a good thing. Security get's upto 100% only if you have your funds staked because they cannot be moved for three whole days. 

Again, good job. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dragos said:

Good job and well explained. There are a lot of people that don't understand the benefit of staking and why it's a good thing. Security get's upto 100% only if you have your funds staked because they cannot be moved for three whole days. 

Again, good job. 

thanks for the compliment :)

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

great job!  this needs to be pinned

Thanks Tom, I want this post to be pinned, but I have the permission to do so, could you help me pin it?

22 minutes ago, PeiLin said:

Thanks Tom, I want this post to be pinned, but I have the permission to do so, could you help me pin it?

sorry, I mean haven't

Hello, 

How about checking the enu balance after swapping, I did swapping but don't know where to look at the balance