Enumivo Community
Dragos

Updating the current vote mechanism of RoE

Hello everyone,

From our first round of voting I guess some guidelines should be implemented in order to make things clear to everyone. Like in most of the democratic countries the rules for the current election are available before the election date and set in stone. The question(s) and the number of participants (in case of a minimum required percentage to pass/attend is needed) will be displayed before the voting date. So I put to a vote the following guidelines:

• The question should have one line, simple and concise. 
  • A debate thread should be made and linked to the voting thread.
  • The voters should be the ones in RoE at the moment of opening the poll. If there's a close vote nobody will vote a new potential member even though, probably, most of us will be interested to have him, because the > 50% will grow so it will be a waste of time and resources.
  • The topic should be clear and concise. I suggest discussing it with everyone and try to come up with solutions before the thread gets opened and all the pros/cons should be debated in the dedicated thread.

Since the poll is not working alongside a post I suggest voting using emoticons:

• heart: yes
  • sad face: no
  • confused: abstain
Edited by Dragos
  • Like 3

The debate thread is where I'm having issues on, do you mean a yes/No and agree/disagree is what is needed as a comment but if you are debating alongside your opinions, you can do that on a thread and post the links alongside your answers of YES/NO? 

I was thinking to have a thread with a question and inside that thread a link to a debate thread. The first should be clean without any reply, only votes.

The other can be an open thread. 

• Like 1

open thread about that same motion? 

so we could have open motion for [this motion votes only] and open debates for that same motion right in another thread or a link attached to debate on that thread.

mmmm

will that be more atmospheric for debate, as a particular post triggers emotion and words, if we are to take the debates else where to another thread and not on that single thread people will just be lazy to visit it and will just vote a yes/No with out laying down their emphasis. and you right too

when Roe grows to large amounts of citizens and we vote and debate on a single thread, it will be very difficult to keep up with the threads and to count votes . 

Edited by marshalllife

With threads usually you see the first or the last page. It's hard to follow all the discussions 

I vote no since I think here is another better solution for the problem. We can limit that one RoE member can only reply one in a motion. But he can write all of his opinions in his reply, and add contents for it anytime. That way, every members can know each other members's idea more clearly. But not people who write more get more attraction.

That's also a solution. I don't know what's the limit for one post. I guess you could edit but if you reach that limit you either rewrite your thoughts in less words or you stay silent. There's no perfect solution, that's for sure.

I've recommended multiple changes. I will better split and make motions for every suggested change. that way everyone will vote yes/no on that particular change.

41 minutes ago, Dragos said:

That's also a solution. I don't know what's the limit for one post. I guess you could edit but if you reach that limit you either rewrite your thoughts in less words or you stay silent. There's no perfect solution, that's for sure.

I've recommended multiple changes. I will better split and make motions for every suggested change. that way everyone will vote yes/no on that particular change.

I think maybe we dont need limit how many words a member write in a reply, we just need limit that they reply only one post. Coz if a member types too many words in his reply, other member may will not read all his words. I dont know whether I said it clearly, I may post a new motion to say out my opinion later.

What I want to say is that maybe there's a limit implemented in Invision Community forum. Not that we set a limit but rather there's already one dictated by the forum application.

1 minute ago, Dragos said:

What I want to say is that maybe there's a limit implemented in Invision Community forum. Not that we set a limit but rather there's already one dictated by the forum application.

ahh, I see. but I think that's no problem. I guest the limit is very high. so everyone can speak all of his opinions in one reply.

This motion didn't get at least 1/3 yes votes in 7 days, so it has been moved to "resolved motions"