Enumivo Community
Peesus

Motion to secure the Block Producers

The current block producer situation of Enumivo is such that they have no accountability for their actions or their block producing node.  The issue is something which has been brought up numerous times in the past but has not been solved. One of the sticking points to the situation is the topic of block producers being forced to reveal their identity in order to receive voting from the RoE fund. Some members believe they should not have to reveal their identity while others believe this poses a huge risk to the security of the chain. 

The current arguments AGAINST requiring identification are:

1. It reveals the true identity of the person behind the BP]
  2. Bitcoin is anonymously operated
  3. The government will be able to see their name's with less effort

The current arguments FOR requiring identification are:

1. It makes the block producer accountable for their actions
  2. It ensures they are not running multiple BP nodes (increasing chance of an attack on the network
  3. Our network is not secure if we do not know who is being paid to secure it
  4. BPs are responsible for handling your money
  5. No one will take us seriously as a DPOS chain with anonymous block producers and developers.

If you agree that block producers should reveal their identity in order to receive voting from the RoE then vote YES if you disagree vote NO.

**For clarity, by reveal identity it is meant the block producers should reveal their true names and prove their identity - The method by which ID will be verified will be decided once we have decided this**

Edited by Peesus
Typo

I vote NO, but I'm not against BP owners should reveal their identity. I'm against that they have to reveal their true names. Here is the reasons.

1, A person's true name will tell a lot of this person's privacy and information. As I know, a police officer in China can easily get a person's many privacy like hotel records, address if he know the person's true name. And ppl who know tech can also use "Cyber Manhunt" to know this person's more privacy by his name. 

2, ENU mainnet WON'T be dangerous if some BP owners don't provide their names. Coz if a BP didn't get more than half YES votes from the RoE members, then the BP can NOT get the 50m ENU votes. If a BP owner didn't provide his real name, but he still get more than 50% votes from the RoE members. We can say this BP is trusted. And it will hardly never do bad things. For example, I think most people in RoE trusted TOM, but even if he didn't provide his real name. His BP "tomblocknode" can also get more than 50% votes. Coz people trust him and his BP will be safe. And his BP will be more safe than a newbie's BP who provide his real name.

3, Due to the safe mechanism of ENU chain, only more than 14 of BPs are bad, then they can do bad things. I don't think ENU chain will have that many bad BP since all those BP have to get more than half YES votes from RoE members.

4, The ENU mainnet will be very dangerous if all 21 BP owners are all in real names. Coz that way, governents can easily control those BPs if they think it is needed. ENU want to make UBI, and UBI will be seem as great challenge for many governmets around the world. So I think they will want to control those BPs if they think it is needed. (in fact, if BTC was owned by 21 real name BPs, it should be died a long time ago, since BTC is a great challenge for government's mintage power.)

-----

5, If there are bad BPs, the RoE members can cancel their votes to them anytime. then those bad BP wont in the 21 anymore.

-----

6, People can easily buy fake IDs in a low price. To pretend that they are another person.

Edited by PeiLin
  • Like 1

@PeiLin you keep saying if more then 14 bad then they can perform bad things but you failed to listen to my point from yesterday the bp consensus is 2/3 + 1 so if 7 BP are bad they can stop things from happening such as booting a BP, freezing an account or upgrading the system contract

2 hours ago, Sosolean said:

@PeiLin you keep saying if more then 14 bad then they can perform bad things but you failed to listen to my point from yesterday the bp consensus is 2/3 + 1 so if 7 BP are bad they can stop things from happening such as booting a BP, freezing an account or upgrading the system contract

2 hours ago, Sosolean said:

Please see my 5th point.

Edited by PeiLin

I vote NO.

My opinions: 

1. BPs' basic task is to keep the ENU mainnet stable.

2. RoE's basic task is to attract more real people join ENU community and push UBI forward. 

Why does RoE want to control BPs or give the instruction to BPs?

Nobody is the leader. Everyone does his own part he should do, that's enough.

• Like 1

Please the voting is for RoE citizens only. Noncitizens's votes will not be counted.

Edited by enumivo

26 minutes ago, davidfnck said:

I vote NO.

My opinions: 

1. BPs' basic task is to keep the ENU mainnet stable.

2. RoE's basic task is to attract more real people join ENU community and push UBI forward. 

Why does RoE want to control BPs or give the instruction to BPs?

Nobody is the leader. Everyone does his own part he should do, that's enough.

BPs' basic task is to keep the ENU mainnet stable

how many of them are really keeping it stable with slow upgrading and forever to claim their enu, many BP's on enumivo makes it very scary to be a Bp, Being a bp supposed to be fun  interact with the community and make the project unique, creating of interesting dapps but non of this is coming from our so called bps - they are making the project more boring boring everyday - 

you said Roe is to. improve the project and get more people into knowing it and after they have done it what are we to show for it that our bps are anonymous and ghost that many on the top 21 lack enthusiasm and low interest on the project. 

and after the stress and pain we On ROE gets through with awareness creation to get people on board only to find out that our pillar isn't strong enough. 

If Roe arw supposed to. improve the project they should have say on every ways. 

3 minutes ago, marshalllife said:

BPs' basic task is to keep the ENU mainnet stable

how many of them are really keeping it stable with slow upgrading and forever to claim their enu, many BP's on enumivo makes it very scary to be a Bp, Being a bp supposed to be fun  interact with the community and make the project unique, creating of interesting dapps but non of this is coming from our so called bps - they are making the project more boring boring everyday - 

you said Roe is to. improve the project and get more people into knowing it and after they have done it what are we to show for it that our bps are anonymous and ghost that many on the top 21 lack enthusiasm and low interest on the project. 

and after the stress and pain we On ROE gets through with awareness creation to get people on board only to find out that our pillar isn't strong enough. 

If Roe arw supposed to. improve the project they should have say on every ways. 

Good talk bro

1 minute ago, smakeit said:

I vote NO. Blockchain protectes people’s rights, privacy also is one of them.

the enumivo blockchain isn't XMR 

many people are still lost with this blockchain thing and privacy - definitions of blockchain is AN OPEN LEDGER, it never stated as A CLOSED LEDGER - blockchain is decentralized na is left for anyone to become anonymous or shows their identity - but being among a bp and a team on a blockchain project, you have to. make the community trust you and let them know you are not someone who is on anon and can do anything you wish like the unknown bp who won't claim.... this things poses a great threat to our network..... 

if I'm to become a bp i can even show everyone my house home address - blockchain all goes down to trust and trust is identity, your identity on the web makes and interweb of trust. 

1 minute ago, marshalllife said:

many people are still lost with this blockchain thing and privacy - definitions of blockchain is AN OPEN LEDGER, it never stated as A CLOSED LEDGER - blockchain is decentralized na is left for anyone to become anonymous or shows their identity - but being among a bp and a team on a blockchain project, you have to. make the community trust you and let them know you are not someone who is on anon and can do anything you wish like the unknown bp who won't claim.... this things poses a great threat to our network..... 

if I'm to become a bp i can even show everyone my house home address - blockchain all goes down to trust and trust is identity, your identity on the web makes and interweb of trust. 

Currently the security and exchange Commission is even against private coin like monero, that is why Etn that is a fork of monero is removing those private features. If I may ask why is the blockchain described as an open ledger.? 

I vote no. Private information is not necessary for people who runs a bp. But revealing privacy will bring potential risk to them, like government examination. And those potential risk to bp owners could be real threats to our blockchain.

14 minutes ago, David ishia said:

Currently the security and exchange Commission is even against private coin like monero, that is why Etn that is a fork of monero is removing those private features. If I may ask why is the blockchain described as an open ledger.? 

Transparency on every aspect !!!!! but i guess many people still thinks because they can do it on their homes and get rich without no one knowing their identity is a privacy thing and that's not a problem if you are an investor but being one of the team or a bp that secures the network, i think there is a need for your identity. 

This isn't a privacy project even in privacy projects the team shows their identity and a little bio about them selves believe it or not, Bps are what makes up a Dpos project - they can also be assumed as somehow team to dpos as they signed blocks and protect the network.

when a Dpos is down we need the 21 active bp to fight or resuscitate the network - correct me if I'm wrong. 

Bps are vital role on dpos chain and they should be treated as  a team and evryteam needs to. prove us they can be hold accountable for. 

And the most sickening thing is that all this motion doesn't have to happened, if you really hold the interest of the project, you all see the good it all do, the thing is we all could agree that only some head and bp coordinators should be allowed to see our personal info and release the non too personal info to the public 

I'd vote for a "qualified" NO.

While I see the critical need for accountability to help ensure the reliability and integrity of the chain, I also understand the privacy concerns of some honest and credible BPs.

The goal is to achieve a blockchain of integrity.  It should be inherent upon BPs also comply with updates and regulations.

The RoE will exercise their voting power for the BPs. For the non-compliant, or perhaps malicious BPs, they will have to be weeded out accordingly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marshalllife said:

BTC is an open ledger, you can see balances and tx infos of the addresses, but you don’t know the real people or miners back of these addresses, this is privacy.

Whether or not people or miners of these addresses show their ID, that’s their right.

You trust BTC not because you know IDs of users and miners.