Enumivo Community
Dragos

What should require to be a BP

Hello Enumivans,

I would like to start a process of BP validation that should help us know each other a bit better, be able to get the network hearth-beat a bit faster and be able to react within minutes (it takes hours to recover from an app crash so the sooner it's launched the faster it gets back online) in case of a disaster.
Besides that we would need to have a test net, some UAT or acceptance criteria when a new release or change is made.
- For the BP part I would recommend validating them as a human being (just like the oracles process)
- JSON should be updated and uploaded on the mainnet
- valid https access (for some whitelisted IPs if there's a concern about that)
- valid personal contacts (email + phone number). I would expect to gather a group of people willing to validate both the email addresses and the phone number. I'm offering to do validation around Europe or close to my timezone for english speaking people.

For gathering the data we can either use a google spreadsheet shared among each others with user explicit access.

Please feel free to comment. 

Dragos.

• Like 5

It will be good if the RoE citizens will have guidelines who they will vote with 50M ENU and the BPs not passing the guidelines will not be included in their votes. Those who passed will be still be ranked by RoE votes and the top 30 will get the 50M votes. This will change every month since the RoE will also have elections for citizenship every month.

I suggest to add the presentation of the performance of the VPS for BP. So that the enumivo mainnet can resist network attacks.

great idea @Dragos! very important and valid concerns.   It is indeed critical to have protocols in place for the periodic updates and also for disaster recovery procedures.  I suppose it will be the RoE that will have the authority to impose and implement this.

yes but I don't think we should wait. Last update came pretty fast because of a bug. I bet some of the nodes runs on older versions and some might be behind with more than one version. I get that we don't have a proper protocol for testnet and we kind of doing it in mainnet but still. I don't see why one would have to wait to upgrade after the version is already in place and functioning. On the other hand we need to make some automation tests for each release plus some regression tests that could validate an update as being "safe" until proven otherwise.

@enumivo since you are the dev can we help you build these tests? What kind of validation tests do you perform after each update?

2 hours ago, Dragos said:

yes but I don't think we should wait. Last update came pretty fast because of a bug. I bet some of the nodes runs on older versions and some might be behind with more than one version. I get that we don't have a proper protocol for testnet and we kind of doing it in mainnet but still. I don't see why one would have to wait to upgrade after the version is already in place and functioning. On the other hand we need to make some automation tests for each release plus some regression tests that could validate an update as being "safe" until proven otherwise.

@enumivo since you are the dev can we help you build these tests? What kind of validation tests do you perform after each update?

the unit tests are in place. right after the build, there's an instruction how to run the tests.

• Like 1